I stand with Ukraine and firmly oppose Vladimir Putin’s invasion.
If someone were to counter and ask me with “What about when $X$ did this awful thing?”, I would urge that person to consider the direct human suffering of the current attack. Is the current invasion justified by any means?
And yes, I would also oppose similar military invasions against other countries, governments, and people – even those that happen to be just a fraction as severe as this one.
And yes, this is especially if $X$ refers to my home country.
A few resources that might help:
- Voices of Children
- The Kyiv Independent
- Kenya’s Response to Russia
- Garry Kasparov’s recommendations
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s speech to Russia
- List of charities (The Hill)
- Recommendation from Vlad Mnih (of DeepMind)
I welcome information about any other resources.